A cookie is a file containing an identifier (a string of letters and numbers) that is sent by a web server to a web browser, and stored by the browser. The identifier is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server.
Cookies can be used by web servers to identity and track users as they navigate different pages on a website, and to identify users returning to a website.
Cookies may be either "persistent" cookies or "session" cookies.
A persistent cookie consists of a text file sent by a web server to a web browser, which will be stored by the browser and will remain valid until its set expiry date (unless deleted by the user before the expiry date).
A session cookie, on the other hand, will expire at the end of the user session, when the web browser is closed.
Cookies we use:
Generally, our cookies perform up to five different functions: _utma = This keeps track of the number of times a visitor has been to the site, when their first visit was, and when their last visit occurred. _utmb = A timestamp of the exact moment in time when a visitor enters the site. _utmc = A timestamp of the exact moment in time when a visitor leaves the site - having waited 30 minutes for another pageview to happen, and if it doesn’t, it expires. _utmz = This keeps track of where the visitor came from, what search engine was used, what link was clicked on, what keywords used, and where in the world the site was accessed from. ASP.NET_SessionId = This cookie is used for .NET sessions.
This site contains links to other sites and is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such Web sites. Lime Wood uses SynXis for its reservations engine. The data collected in these areas is subject to the privacy statements found on www.synxis.com.
Cookies do not contain any information that personally identifies you, but personal information that we store about you may be linked, by us, to the information stored in and obtained from cookies.
We may use the information we obtain from your use of our cookies for the following purposes:-
(1) to recognise your computer when you visit our website;
(2) to track you as you navigate our website, and to enable the use of the booking engine.
(3) to improve the website's usability;
(4) to analyse the use of our website;
(5) in the administration of this website;
(6) to personalise our website for
Third party cookies
When you use our website, you may also be sent third party cookies.
Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies. For example:-
(1) in Internet Explorer you can refuse all cookies by clicking "Tools", "Internet Options", "Privacy", and selecting "Block all cookies" using the sliding selector
(2) in Firefox you can block all cookies by clicking "Tools", "Options", and un-checking "Accept cookies from sites" in the "Privacy" box.
Blocking all cookies will, however, have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites. [If you block cookies, you will not be able to use the [identify feature(s)] on this website.
You can also delete cookies already stored on your computer:-
(1) in Internet Explorer, you must manually delete cookie files;
(2) in Firefox, you can delete cookies by, first ensuring that cookies are to be deleted when you "clear private data" (this setting can be changed by clicking "Tools", "Options" and "Settings" in the "Private Data" box) and then clicking "Clear private data" in the "Tools" menu.
Obviously, doing this may have a negative impact on the usability of many websites.