EAT: Cherry Tomato Sauce with Mozzarella & Basil
A true classic of Italian cooking, this is super quick and easy tomato pasta sauce from the HH&Co kitchen!08 February 2021
Pasta is the ultimate comfort food and contrary to popular belief does not need to be stodgy and heavy, it can be incredibly fresh and light and the ultimate 'fast food' purely because it can be on the table in a matter of minutes.
We make all of our own pasta at Hartnett Holder & Co - why not give this a go yourself with our Perfect Pasta Dough.
Once you have your basic pasta...and even if you are using shop bought pasta, a sauce made with fresh seasonal and locally grown ingredients can take it to new heights.
A true classic of Italian cooking and super quick and easy. This is a truly delicious tomato pasta sauce made with fresh tomatoes that is perfect on a warm summer's evening, perhaps having polished off an Aperol Spritz aperitif and with a delicious glass of red waiting for you...!
Cherry Tomato Pasta Sauce with Mozzarella & Basil
What You Need…
250g Cherry Tomatoes
2 Cloves of Garlic (optional)
2 tbsp.Olive Oil
2 Balls of Mozzarella
8-10 Fresh Basil Leaves
Salt & Pepper (to taste)
What You Do…
- Slice the cherry tomatoes in half.
- Place the olive oil into a sauce pan.
- Peel the garlic and chop as finely as you can. Then, put in the pan with the olive oil.
- Turn on the heat and wait until the garlic begins to sizzle, add a pinch of salt.
- Turn the heat down to low and add the cherry tomatoes.
- Continue to cook until the tomatoes begin to break down and give out their juice.
- The tomato juice should begin to thicken as they cook.
- Put your pasta on to cook.
- Just before the pasta is cooked, tear in the mozzarella to the cherry tomatoes and stir through the sauce to begin melting.
- Drain the pasta and stir through the sauce to coat the pasta.
- Serve in bowls and tear the basil leaves over the top. Serve straight away!
Know someone who might enjoy this post? Share it?
You may also like...
Try making our Raw & Cured mocktail recipes at home...Read the post
Our Herb House Pilates teacher Juliet shares her lockdown experience and the change from teaching her classes in person to online.Read the post
Mindfulness is the basic human ability to be fully present, aware of where we are and what we’re doing, and not overly reactive or overwhelmed by what’s going on around us, but how can we get started? Jane Young, Herb House’s coach tells us how.
We caught up with HH&Co’ s Chef Luke Holder in lockdown to see what he’s been up too…Read the post