Nominate an NHS Care Worker, Volunteer or Researcher
Thank You to our NHS
We want to say a huge ‘Thank You’ to our NHS….
It is something that has, at some point, touched all our lives. The NHS, and the incredible professionals within it who care for us, are a part of British life.
Today, more than ever, we should treasure those who dedicate themselves to our care, putting our needs before theirs, as they work tirelessly to care for people in the face of the Coronavirus pandemic.
As our gesture of thanks for everything that our valued care givers have done for our entire community, we would like to join our fellow hoteliers up and down the country who are coming together to say a collective huge ‘thank you’ and support the big campaign #treatourNHS.
Dinner on Us
To #treatourNHS we would like to offer 50 members of Hampshire’s NHS and their guest dinner on us at
Hartnett Holder & Co.
These dinners won’t just be any old dinner, we want to spoil them rotten!
Dinner will be a delicious midweek 4 course Italian-influenced feast created by our Head Chefs Angela Hartnett and Luke Holder with a bottle of wine chosen by our Sommelier, but first they will have Fizz and nibbles on arrival so they can just relax and get in the mood.
"To be able to really spoil and treat those who have so selflessly fought this battle on our behalf is the least we can do! We can't wait to welcome your NHS heroes to Lime Wood and to give them a big thank you for all they have done for Hampshire - most of our team and their families are part of our county's community and I know that they too will want to extend their thanks to these extraordinary people."
Kenneth Speirs - Hotel Director
nominations have now closed.
Over the past few weeks you have been nominating your NHS heroes to win a dinner for two at Hartnett Holder & Co, to say a huge thank you for all they have done for the community during the pandemic. Nominations have now closed and a Lime Wood committee are very carefully reading through each and every one of the 1257 nominations to select your winners.
The final winners will be a mix of all services and roles that have been fighting on the front line on all of our behalves. Amongst them we want to celebrate those that have gone over and above their call of duty during this pandemic, those who have shown exceptional bravery or kindness, those who have put their job before their own family and those whose presence on the front line during this period has involved them changing or cancelling major plans, such as having to cancel their own wedding.
We can’t wait to welcome your heroes to Lime Wood when the time is right and will be making contact with the winners very soon. Thank you to all those that took the time to nominate these amazing people, we are truly inspired as we read their stories.
The #treatourNHS campaign was initiated by Sarah White, owner of The Hayloft, a self-catering studio near Dartmoor, Devon, who wanted to do something to give back to NHS workers by offering a two-night stay for two when she was able to re-open.
Within minutes of putting it on Instagram she was overwhelmed by the support from others in our industry also wanting to say thank you. Within the space of several weeks more than 250 holiday homes have come on board, from castles in Scotland and cabins in Devon to chateaux in France, and hotels such as THE PIGs, The Lanesborough, One Aldwych, Beaverbrook, The Langham, the Calcot Collection, Salcombe Harbour Hotel and Luxury Family Hotels are also now on board.
Terms & Conditions
- Nominees who work within the NHS or Care Sector in Hampshire will be chosen. We will not be accepting nominees from outside of the county. The nominee will be asked to show their NHS staff ID card or proof of their role when they arrive for their booking.
- The nominee will receive a voucher for a midweek (Mon-Thurs) dinner for 2 at Hartnett Holder & Co, that will be valid when the restaurant re-opens to the public for 3 months. Voucher can be claimed on any midweek night during these 3 months, subject to availability.
- Dinner includes glass of fizz each, nibbles for 2, 4 courses from the A La Carte Menu, 1 bottle of sommelier chosen wine. Any additional drinks to be paid as taken.
- The winners will be contacted by the Reservations team at Lime Wood to confirm that they have been selected and will then be contacted when a re-opening date has been announced.
- The award is non-refundable, non-transferable and no cash alternative will be offered. It cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer
- Travel to and from the hotel is not included
- Lime Wood reserves the right to withdraw the offer at any time
Additional terms and conditions may apply.
- We recognise that there might be concerns about Covid 19 and social distancing in restaurants. As ever we will follow government advice at the time to make the best decision.