Struggling for lunch inspiration? Our goddess soba noodle salad is one of our most popular dishes in Raw & Cured and it's easy to make and enjoy at home! Not only is it an extremely filling treat for lunch it is packed full of greens and goodness. The zingy dressing and nutty buckwheat noodles complete the dish – delicious.
What you’ll need:
- 300 g buckwheat noodles
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 300g broccoli florets, purple sprouting broccoli, asparagus or green beans
- 1 medium green cabbage, Pak choi, leaves finely shredded
- 1 medium fennel bulb, finely sliced
- 1 cucumber, de-seeded and flesh finely chopped
- 4 spring onions finely sliced
- 1 large ripe avocado, sliced
- 2 handfuls of fresh green leaves (watercress, spinach, sliced lettuce, etc)
- 1 small handful of nuts (peanuts, almonds) or seeds (sesame, sunflower, poppy)
- 4 large handfuls of fresh herbs (coriander, mint, basil) roughly chopped
For the dressing:
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 15 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons tamari
- 1 tablespoon miso
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon cayenne/chilli flakes
- 1 garlic cloves crushed
- A large piece of fresh ginger grated
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
What to do:
Cook the soba noodles according to instructions and lightly steam the broccoli. Then whisk all the dressing ingredients together and season to taste.
Add the raw vegetables, spring onions, avocado to the noodles with the steamed broccoli. Pour over the dressing and thoroughly mix together and top with the nuts or mixed seeds and fresh herbs.
If you liked this recipe why not try another recipe from Raw & Cured our tasty portobello mushrooms with wild rice and kimchi makes a delicious meal, click here.