Shaved Brussels Sprout Salad is part of our new nutritious menu at Raw & Cured which is bursting with wholesome ingredients and packed with goodness.
What you’ll need:
- 400g Brussels sprouts – (trim the outer leaves)
- 20g pecorino sardo (or you can use parmesan– finely grated
- 30g slivered almonds – lightly toasted until golden in olive oil
- A handful of pecorino shavings for garnish (we think a potato peeler is best)
- 1 tbsp of finely chopped chives
- A handful of flat parsley leaves to garnish
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Good quality aged balsamic vinegar
- Salt & pepper
What to do:
Firstly, shave the Brussels sprouts as thinly as possible (ideally by carefully using a mandolin) otherwise you can do this using a sharp knife, slicing as thinly as possible.
Then transfer these to a bowl and season with salt & pepper.
Add the grated pecorino and chives along with a little olive oil to combine.
Leave for 2-3 minutes before transferring the mixture to a serving plate.
Drizzle generously with balsamic vinegar and scatter over the toasted almonds. Finally, scatter over the shaved pecorino and finish with the parsley leaves.