We don’t know about you, but we love brownies, but often feel a slight sense of guilt when enjoying one! This doesn’t have to be the case with Amelia’s take on chewy chocolate brownies.
‘I definitely advocate a little of something you love every so often and that doesn’t mean it has to be healthy. But these are really lovely as well as being pretty nutritious, so they tick the boxes for me.’
What you’ll need:
- 140g raw almond butter or but butter of choice
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 5 tbsp cold filtered water
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda (gluten-free, optional)
- 65g coconut palm sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla powder or extract
- 3 tbsp dried cranberries (optional)
- 125g organic dark chocolate (at least 70%), cut into small chunks.
What to do:
Vegan, gluten-free and dairy-free
Preheat the oven to 140c/ 275f/ Gas mark 1. Line a small baking tray with parchment paper.
Mix all the ingredients together in a large bowl with a wooden spoon – it will be sticky, but don’t worry. Pour the mixture into the lined tray and flatten it slightly, then bake in the oven for 25 minutes, or until golden brown on top.
Remove from the oven and leave to cool for 10 minutes. Remove from the tin, peel off the parchment, and cut into squares.
For more tasty recipes from Amelia click here.