EAT: Sheila's Seed Bars
These little beauties are so delicious and extremely easy to make. Great for an on the go breakfast or mid-morning snack!08 February 2021
Granola bars are a perfect morning or afternoon snack, but so many of the ones on the market are full of sugar and not much else. These little beauties are gluten-free, full of antioxidants thanks to all of the seeds, and just sweet enough.
They will release energy slowly to keep you going until lunchtime, and will keep in the fridge for a week but we doubt they’ll last more than a couple of days!
Creative Chef, Raw & Cured x
Raw & Cured Signature Seed Bars
What You Need…
1 cup Sunflower Seeds
1 cup Pumpkin Seeds
1 cup Desiccated Coconut
½ cup Dried Cranberries
¼ cup Black Sesame Seeds
¼ cup Cocoa Nibs
1 cup Maple Syrup
2/3 cup Cocoa Butter (melted)
1 cup Tahini
What You Do…
- Place all of the seeds, coconut, cranberries and cocoa nibs into a large bowl.
- Melt the cocoa butter.
- Place the maple syrup, tahini and the melted cocoa butter into a blender and blitz to a smooth liquid
- Pour the mixture over the seeds and combine thoroughly
- Spread the mixture evenly over a greaseproof lined baking tray or plastic container and transfer to the fridge
- When fully set, turn the mixture out onto a chopping board and portion into bars
Know someone who might enjoy this post? Share it?
You may also like...
Try making our Raw & Cured mocktail recipes at home...Read the post
Our Herb House Personal Trainer Juliet shares her lockdown experience and the change from teaching her classes in person to online.Read the post
Mindfulness is the basic human ability to be fully present, aware of where we are and what we’re doing, and not overly reactive or overwhelmed by what’s going on around us, but how can we get started? Jane Young, Herb House’s coach tells us how.
We caught up with HH&Co’ s Chef Luke Holder in lockdown to see what he’s been up too…Read the post