EAT: Perfect Pasta
Fresh, homemade pasta beats anything that can be bought in the supermarket, but making pasta from scratch can seem daunting. Try Luke and Angela's perfect pasta dough at home!21 April 2020
Fresh, homemade pasta beats anything that can be bought in the supermarket, but making pasta from scratch can seem daunting.
There’s no real recipe for pasta dough. It’s all about combining the ingredients until it becomes the perfect consistency. So use these measurements as a guide and bring the ingredients together slowly. You may not need to use all of the flour as it depends on the size of your eggs!!
Love Angela & Luke x
What You Need…
160g 00 Pasta Flour
10 Egg Yolks (free range, organic are best)
What You Do…
- Tip flour onto your work surface, making a well in the centre
- Add your eggs to the well
- Pop the yolks and begin to gently incorporate the flour from the outside edges into the middle, slowly bringing the flour and eggs together until they start to form a loose dough
- Combine enough of the flour so that your dough holds itself and is not dry and crumbly or soft and wet (this will take 5-10 minutes)
- Your dough should be firm to the squeeze with a slight tackiness and good elasticity
- Wrap in clingfilm and rest in the fridge for 1 hour before using. It will keep for up to 24 hours in the fridge if wrapped tightly first in clingfilm and then in foil
- If you don't have a pasta machine at home, you can roll the dough by hand. Make sure the dough is room temperature and then cut it in half. Flour the board and roll each piece, one at a time, until it as thin as you would like. Cut to your preferred size and get creative!
So now you have cracked the dough, why not try making Angela and Luke's Ricotta and Lemon Tortelli!
Know someone who might enjoy this post? Share it?
You may also like...
Our Gnocchi is a real crowd pleaser and is simple to make! Try making the recipe at home to bring a slice of Hartnett Holder & Co to your home.Read the post
When you have overdone HH&Co’s truffle pasta, Raw & Cured in Herb House Spa can help with a little light relief. Sheila Hulme, the Creative Chef and her team create feel-good food. Packed full of all of the goodies that will have you leaping into the Lap Pool and running rings around the Forest.Read the post
Herb House Personal Trainer Cesca shares her tips for working out at home.Read the post
Spring clean your skincare routine at home. Our go-to-guru Sarah Chapman gives us her tips to get the Glow!Read the post