EAT : Sheila’s High Energy Salad Recipe from Raw & Cured
When you have overdone HH&Co’s truffle pasta, Raw & Cured in Herb House Spa can help with a little light relief. Sheila Hulme, the Creative Chef and her team create feel-good food. Packed full of all of the goodies that will have you leaping into the Lap Pool and running rings around the Forest.08 February 2021
If you find yourself with lots of leftover greens this salad recipe is perfect for chucking it all together and enjoying a healthy lunch or as side salad alongside your dinner.
Sheila’s High Energy Salad
You’ll need: (don’t worry if you don’t have every ingredient, improvise with what you have)
- 1 baby Gem Lettuce
- 2 Stalks of Kale (leafy part removed from woody stalk)
- 1 Handful of Rocket Leaves
- 1 Pak Choi
- 2tbsp Chopped Basil
- 2tbsp Chopped Dill
- 2tbsp Red Onion (finely Chopped)
- ½ Cucumber (de-seeded & chopped)
- Dried Cranberries
For the dressing:
- 7tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Orange (juiced)
- 1 Clove Garlic – Finely Minced
- 3tbsp Cider Vinegar
- 2tbsp Agave or Maple Syrup
- ½ Avocado (mashed)
- Salt & Pepper to taste
What You Do…
- Finely shred the lettuce, Pak Choi and kale and place in a large bowl
- Add in the rocket and toss together
- Toss through the chopped herbs and red onion and cucumber
- Place all of the dressing ingredients into a food processor and blend until smooth
- Pour the dressing over the leaves along with a handful each of dried cranberries and walnuts. Combine thoroughly and serve.
Know someone who might enjoy this post? Share it?
You may also like...
Join us as we forage for facts about the heathland, forest trails and native ponies in the place we call home - the enchanting New Forest.Read the post
A super simple and seasonal dish, bursting with flavour with fresh peas, zingy lemon, toasted pine nuts and rich parmesan - perfect as a light pasta supper or served as a side.
Our Bar Team at Lime Wood know a thing or two about cocktails. Created with summer in mind, the team have muddled together three cocktails with a seasonal twist, made with fresh local ingredients, all thrown together to serve up sunshine in a glass. Why not recreate them at home?
La Pochette is a luxury brand creating a range of stylish and sustainable accessories including waterproof bags for wet kit, antibacterial, deodorising Sweat bags for gym kit and cabin pouches for travel.Read the post