We don’t know about you, but we cannot wait to get back to the Herb House for those lovely afternoon swims, a good session in the gym and a Raw & Cured smoothie to top off the visit. We have missed the way working out in the gym and with others has made us feel both physically and mentally. If you are keen to get back in the gym but sometimes struggle with the motivation or the knowledge on how to make improvements, why not try a session with our Personal Trainers? There are so many benefits to having a PT and our Head of Fitness Justin Pimm explains them…
The Matt Roberts Personal Training philosophy underpins the teams’ PT delivery at the Herb House, which means you will benefit from dedicated one-to-one sessions, creating a unique dynamic with your personal trainer and allowing you to focus on one thing – your results. We recognise that everyone is an individual who requires a bespoke programme to ensure you are putting yourselves in the best possible position to achieve your goals.
The ability to draw conclusions from an initial consultation (focusing on diet, fitness, and therapy) allows our personal trainers to build an in-depth picture of that person. Although Matt Roberts personal training programmes are underpinned by fundamental philosophies; manipulation of repetitions, tempos, rest periods and loads within a combination of big compound and strength training, they provide the stimulus for clients to achieve great results.
Designed to be progressive and challenging, your plan will take you through all facets of fitness development, making sure that you are not just leaner, but also stronger, more flexible, more stable, and agile. Essentially – a healthier, fitter, and happier you!
Matt Roberts Personal training integrates a wide range of disciplines and methods to keep both body and mind challenged in a variety of ways. Using strength, mobility, stability, and cardiovascular conditioning, we make sure that there is forever a new stimulus that encourages the body to keep progressing, no matter how long you have trained or what age you are.
Your training programme will be tailored to suit your strengths and capabilities. We teach you how to adapt your lifestyle, transform the way you work out and what to eat – you will be amazed at what you can achieve.
The Fitness Team and PTs:
The Head of Fitness is Justin Pimm leads a core team of 4 senior PTs – Alex Irwin, Dan Bartlett, Jana Gee and Cesca Abbott (currently on maternity leave – due back in November 2021). Our PT’s deliver one-to-one individual sessions with members and guests, and programme your workout based on an FMS (Functional Movement Screen) which is done during your first session. This forms the foundation of your programme and is designed to highlight any areas of weakness and areas to focus on for development as well as reducing any risk of injury.
We also have Body MOT assessments which can be taken at any point and are a series of tests which help you to see what state your current health and fitness is in. These include, BMI, grip strength, VO2 max, body composition and blood pressure, as well as a chance for you to discuss any nutritional or fitness related worries or concerns with your PT.
If you are serious about investing in your health this year, and let’s be honest, we’ve all had to endure possibly one of the longest and most stressful years in recent memory, why not remind yourself of the benefits having a PT could offer you:
- Motivation - We all know how hard it is to get ourselves to the gym, and if you are a regular gym goer how easy it is to lose that extra bit of impetus to get the most out of your training. A Personal Trainer is the ideal solution to help you find that extra level in your training and to get the most out of your efforts.
- Expertise - Whatever your aspirations or fitness goals, seeing a Personal Trainer helps ensure you have a clear and attainable process to adhere too. The knowledge and experience they can impart will be invaluable to help you reach your goals.
- Performance - Group training is a fantastic way to stay interested and keep motivated, whether that is through classes or by training with a friend. However, an often-over-looked area is that in order to get the most out of classes and group training is to have a Personal Trainer evaluate your technique performing movements that are commonly used. This will not only help to prevent any injuries but also maximise the performance of your training.
- Variety - A very common misconception with having a PT is that they are going to "beast" you and that you will always do strength-based training. This is far from the truth and having a PT doesn't always mean your session has to be strength related. There are a multitude of different facets to training, be they flexibility/mobility/power/cardiovascular/anaerobic/aerobic etc. To fully reap the benefits of being a fit and healthy individual, one needs to be able to address each of these different areas within their training regime and not only focus on the area that they like (for example, going for a forest run or just focusing on stretching and mobility type exercises).
- Enjoyment - Never underestimate the value and importance of having fun! Whoever said that training hard cannot be fun, clearly never enjoyed their training. Having a PT that you can connect with and have a laugh with will help ensure that you put in 100% in each session and will help you to strive to attain your goals. It is possible to work hard and enjoy yourself at the same time, and if you don't believe me, why not book a PT session with one of our trainers and see for yourself!
Let’s look forward to a promising new year – and start by being good to ourselves and investing in looking after not only our physical health but our mental health as well….and what better place to do this than at our very own Herb House Spa.
I look forward to seeing you in the gym!
Justin & the Fitness Team
To book a PT session get in touch with our Fitness Team by emailing email@example.com