Who doesn’t love eggs in the morning? Or at any time of the day really! This recipe is easy to make and complete with protein, essential fats and high in fibre helping you feel fuller for longer!
This dish is featured on our new menu at Raw & Cured, which is designed to nourish you throughout the ebbs and flows of your day. Think feel-good food with health and happiness in mind. Our new menu has been created to allow more flexibility around what you might need, include more variety in line with the seasons and allow you to experiment with a variety of different ingredients.
You can now choose from a whole range of dishes with ingredients from different food groups to suit your day. Our Fluffetts Organic Eggs with Crushed Avocado & Watercress dish is perfect for people wanting to start their day with a protein filled brunch.
Crushed eggs & avocado – what you’ll need
- 6 free range organic eggs
- 3 avocados
- ½ lemon zested and juiced
- Olive oil to bind
- 2 tbsp chopped chives
- 1 large bunch watercress – washed & thick stalks trimmed
- 4 slices organic pumpernickel
What to do
- Bring a pan of water to boil
- Gently pop the eggs in and simmer for 8 mins
- Then pop them into cold water to refresh
- Meanwhile, halve the avocado, remove the stones and scoop out the flesh into a bowl
- Roughly lightly crush the avocado into mashed chunks (do not purée)
- Add the lemon zest, juice, and season to taste with salt, pepper and extra virgin oil
- Peel the eggs, ensuring all the shell is removed
- Roughly crush the eggs in a bowl
- Combine with the avocado mixture, add the chopped chives, and adjust seasoning to taste
- Serve generously over the rye bread slices and top with the watercress that has been lightly drizzled in olive oil and enjoy!
If you like the sound of this, why not book a table at Raw & Cured to explore our new menu? Book here.