Coronavirus / COVID-19 Statement
We're Re-Opening on Saturday 4th July!
When can I stay?
We are taking new hotel bookings from Saturday 4th July onwards.
Can I Book a Table?
Initially we will be operating with a reduced number of tables in our restaurants until we have further guidance on physical distancing, so availability will be limited. Due to the constantly changing nature of this guidance, we will be continuously reviewing our procedures and will update you as soon as we know more.
We are currently taking Lunch and Afternoon Tea bookings only for non-hotel guests from Monday 6th July.
We are not taking any Dinner reservations for July, unless you are staying with us, until further notice.
It is essential you book online or call ahead to book in advance. With reduced availability as we cannot guarantee that we will be able to accommodate walk-ins and would hate to turn you away.
If you have an existing Lunch or Dinner booking in July, our Reservations team will be in touch to discuss your reservation.
Can I visit The Herb House Spa?
As much as we would love to open the Herb House Spa, the Government has not yet released any guidelines or policies on the safe re-opening and running of spa facilities, so the current plan is the Herb House Spa and Raw & Cured will remain closed until further notice. We will be reviewing any information as it is released and will keep you updated as we know more.
and the good news for 2020!
We have just opened bookings for 2021 so that you can get planning all those special occasions or last-minute getaways that you have missed with family and friends this year!
2021 room rates have been fixed at 2020 prices for all bookings made before 31st July 2020, so that you can guarantee you will only be spending what you will have spent this year.
After this date, rates are subject to increase.
Book with confidence
What happens if I need to cancel?
Hotel bookings can be cancelled or transferred up to 72hrs prior to arrival. If you need to cancel or amend your booking within 72hrs of arrival due to COVID-19, we can transfer your booking to another suitable date, however rates may differ between dates. Any cancellations or amendments within 72 hrs of arrival will result in our retaining the charge for the first night’s stay.
If we are forced to close Lime Wood due to COVID-19 bookings can be transferred or cancelled at no charge.
You can find our full Booking T&Cs here.
Initially, we do expect that the phone lines will be busy and our Reservations team will be doing their best to respond to all enquiries as soon as they can, but we do suggest that where possible you make your hotel booking online.
What to Expect
The experience may look a little different in this new normal, but we hope it will feel the same; ultimately, it will still be our people caring for you and delivering the same attention to detail and personalised service that you are used to at Lime Wood. We want to reassure you that have put measures in place to keep you and our teams safe so that you can confidently enjoy a stay with us.
We firmly believe safety needs to be a joint effort, so we ask you to please play your part in keeping everyone safe. In return we will be doing the same for you.
We will be using LIME WOOD’S 5 safety steps in all areas of the operation.
Guidance, best practice and assessment
We’re following all government guidelines and working on best practice measures within the hotel. Once confirmed, we have completed all necessary risk assessments and certification to validate our policies; all procedures and assessments will be constantly reviewed and updated where necessary in line with government guidelines.
We firmly believe this needs to be a joint effort between our team and our guests, so we urge you to please use maximum common sense to play your part in keeping everyone safe. In return we will be doing the same for you. Importantly, we will not be allowing any of our team members displaying symptoms inside
our hotels and we would ask you to exercise the same cautionary approach.
Our teams, suppliers and partners
We’ll make sure that all of our teams, suppliers and partners are fully aware of our commitments and ask them to comply with our procedures and requests to ensure the safety of our staff and guests.
• Every team member is trained in new health and hygiene related procedures and their responsibility to guests and their fellow team members.
• New HR policies and processes have been implemented so we're prepared for our teams to return to work.
• We’ll take all reasonable steps to follow the government’s Covid-19 Secure Workplace Guidelines.
• We’re communicating with key suppliers and partners, to ensure that their policies and systems relating to health and hygiene meet our high standards.
• . As we are able to physically distance, the Government has advised that the use of additional PPE is not necessary, so our team will not be wearing masks, gloves or visors unless they have personally chosen to do so.
• We’ll be conducting daily health checks of our teams when they arrive on site.
Keeping you in the Know
We’ll continue to be honest, transparent, and up front with you - updating and sharing information with you as soon as possible.
• As we hear the latest Government directives, we’ll update all our pre-arrival email communications to provide additional information relating to health and hygiene.
• All guests will be called in advance of their reservation to confirm the details of their stay and to clarify the procedures that we’ve put in place at that hotel ahead of their arrival.
• Our Reservations team will be equipped with all information regarding staying at Lime Wood and will be able to answer questions that you might have.
We are adhering to Government guidelines and restrictions relating to capacity, and while physical distancing is required our restaurant will be operating with a reduced number of tables, so availability will be limited. Due to the constantly changing nature of this guidance, we will be continuously reviewing our procedures related to capacity.
As a hotel and restaurant, we already operate with strict cleaning and health and safety measures, but we are now be taking extra steps to ensure that all areas are thoroughly sanitised, clean and compliant.
• All team members are trained in these new standards and timings of cleaning.
• We will be using Sterizar, a non-toxic, alcohol free, biocidal sanitiser to fog all bedrooms between guests. Each bedroom will be fogged once it has been cleaned and ready for an arrival. Rooms will not be fogged during a guest’s stay. There is NO sanitiser on the market which is proven to kill this current strain of Coronavirus as it is a novel virus. However, it has been proven to work on other Coronavirus in the past as well as Norovirus. It does kill bacteria.
• Check In will now be at 4pm, rather than 3pm at all hotels, to allow for more time to clean and sanitise guest bedrooms.
• We are providing hand sanitiser for staff and guests at every possible opportunity, and have significantly increased cleaning of public areas throughout the day.
Maintaining a physical distance from others is absolutely essential to stop the spread of the virus, but we believe it does not mean we can’t be sociable! We prefer the term physical distancing, so that it doesn’t feel like you can’t enjoy interacting with the team.
We’ll always adapt our service style to adhere to Government guidelines, and have adjusted table layouts in our restaurants, and chair layouts in our Bars and Lounges to allow for the required distancing policy.
There is plenty of space both in the hotel and around the grounds at Lime Wood, so we are not enforcing hard and fast rules. We ask guests to please use common sense and be responsible for your own physical distancing during your stay when moving around the hotel for the wellbeing of both you, other guests and the team. We have asked the team to do the same for you.
Checking In and Out
We’re working on adapting the Arrival, Check In and Check Out process to speed this up, to support physical distancing and to ensure the safety of all guests and team members. Guests will be contacted with details of exact procedures in advance of their stay.
We will no longer be taking cash, only card payments for all transactions.
Hartnett Holder & Co
In restaurants it is virtually impossible to remove every risk. Therefore, our policy is to mitigate the risk through best practice and risk assessment. We are taking all necessary measures to deliver minimum contact, ensure hygiene standards and physical distancing.
• Breakfast is served at guests’ tables or available as room service, as sadly our much-loved grazing breakfast table is not viable with current guidelines.
• Guests will be asked to pre-book their Breakfast time on arrival.
• Lunch, Afternoon Tea and Dinner reservations will be staggered to support physical distancing.
• A sample menu will be available on the website and the day’s menu will be available for guests to peruse in their rooms.
• Tables will be positioned the required distance apart in all our dining spaces, in line with the latest government guidelines.
The Herb House Spa
As much as we would love to open the Herb House Spa, the Government has not yet released any guidelines or policies on the safe re-opening and running of spa facilities, so the current plan is the Herb House spa will remain closed until further notice. We will be reviewing any information as it is released and will keep you updated as we know more.
Raw & Cured will also remain closed until further notice.
HH&Co Backstage, the cookery school
All the things we love about the cookery school, cooking and eating together as group in this intimate cellar space do not sit in line with current guidelines, so the cookery school will remain closed until further notice.