Coronavirus / COVID-19 Statement
What to Expect
We are following all government regulations and guidance to keep our guests and team safe
Lime Wood is located in a Tier 1 (medium) area, and we are observing the regulations set out for Tier 1.
If you are travelling to Lime Wood for a stay or table booking from a Tier 2 (High) area, the regulations in your area move with you as you travel – so we ask that you observe the regulations set out for Tier 2 areas during your visit. If you need to amend your booking please contact our Reservations team on +44 23 8028 7177
If you are due to be staying with us and you are travelling from a Tier 3 area, we kindly ask that you rearrange your booking to a later date.
The experience may look a little different in this new normal, but we hope it will feel the same; ultimately, it is still our people caring for you and delivering the same attention to detail and personalised service that you are used to at Lime Wood. We want to reassure you that we've put measures in place to keep you and our teams safe so that you can confidently enjoy a stay with us.
Overnight stay and table bookings are open! The experience may look a little different in this new normal, but we hope it will feel the same; ultimately, it will still be our people caring for you and delivering the same attention to detail and personalised service that you are used to at Lime Wood. We want to reassure you that have put measures in place to keep you and our teams safe so that you can confidently enjoy a stay with us.
We firmly believe safety needs to be a joint effort, so we ask you to please play your part in keeping everyone safe. In return we will be doing the same for you.
We will be using LIME WOOD’S 6 safety steps in all areas of the operation.
1. Carrying out Risk Assessments & Staff Training
2. Adhering to Government guidelines for physical distancing
3. Putting in place stringent hygiene measures, including the use of a sanitiser to fog all bedrooms between guests, and public areas
4. Providing hand sanitiser for staff & guests at every possible opportunity
5. Minimising contact between staff & guests at every possible opportunity
6. Face Coverings/Masks are required for guests and staff in public spaces
and the good news for 2020!
We have opened bookings for 2021 so that you can get planning all those special occasions or last-minute getaways that you have missed with family and friends this year!
Book with confidence
What happens if I need to cancel?
Hotel bookings can be cancelled or transferred up to 72hrs prior to arrival. If you need to cancel or amend your booking within 72hrs of arrival due to COVID-19, we can transfer your booking to another suitable date, however rates may differ between dates. Any cancellations or amendments within 72 hrs of arrival will result in our retaining the charge for the first night’s stay.
If we are forced to close Lime Wood due to COVID-19 bookings can be transferred or cancelled at no charge.
You can find our full Booking T&Cs here.
Initially, we do expect that the phone lines will be busy and our Reservations team will be doing their best to respond to all enquiries as soon as they can, but we do suggest that where possible you make your hotel booking online.
Guidance, best practice and assessment
We’re following all government guidelines and working on best practice measures within the hotel. Once confirmed, we have completed all necessary risk assessments and certification to validate our policies; all procedures and assessments will be constantly reviewed and updated where necessary in line with government guidelines.
We firmly believe this needs to be a joint effort between our team and our guests, so we urge you to please use maximum common sense to play your part in keeping everyone safe. In return we will be doing the same for you. Importantly, we will not be allowing any of our team members displaying symptoms inside
our hotels and we would ask you to exercise the same cautionary approach.
Rule of Six
We will be sticking to the rule of six – you can be from multiple households or one household, but six is still the magic number! We are sorry if your household or support bubble is over this number but to keep it simple, we will only be taking a maximum of six people for a booking until further notice.
Hartnett Holder & Co and the Courtyard Bar will be closed from 10pm. To accommodate all guests, both resident and non-resident we will be encouraging earlier table sittings from 6pm to ensure everyone has a chance to dine before the curfew.
This does mean our lounges will also be closing to non-residents at 10pm, so we ask that if you are enjoying a few post-dinner drinks that you have made your way home by 10pm.
If you are staying with us then you are welcome to finish your drinks in one of the lounges and we can of course bring a bottle to your room or you could dip into the larder in your room if you are after a nightcap!
Our Reservations team will be in touch with you as soon as possible if this affects your booking. We would really appreciate it if you let us get in touch with you rather than calling us at this time, as our teams will be doing their best to help you all with your plans.
By law in public areas of hotels, all guests must wear a face covering. So as a guest we require you to wear a mask when walking around the hotel, except if you are seated waiting for or consuming food and drinks.
This also includes the Herb House Spa Reception and Curated by Lime Wood shop. As the facilities in the Herb House must be booked in advance and are managed by capacities, guests will not need to wear face coverings in these areas.
Guests are required to wear a face covering whilst in a treatment room and during a treatment. Guest face coverings can be removed if it's essential for a particular treatment, so we will not require you to wear a face mask for a facial. All therapists will also now wear a minimum Type II face mask in addition to a face visor to perform all treatments.
Please bring your own face covering with you for your arrival, but we will have some disposable masks available at reception if you forget.
In addition to all guests being required to wear face coverings when moving around the hotels, all of our teams will now be wearing them in public areas.
Full Government regulations on Face Coverings can be found here.
NHS TEST AND TRACE
The NHS Test and Trace poster will be displayed at the front of the hotel and spa. If you have the NHS COVID-19 app you can quickly and easily ‘check in’ to Lime Wood by scanning the QR code. If you do not have the App, we will be asking every guest, or the lead guest in a group of up to 6 people to leave their details so that we can submit these to NHS Test and Trace if requested. You can find out more about how this works here.
Our teams, suppliers and partners
We’ll make sure that all of our teams, suppliers and partners are fully aware of our commitments and ask them to comply with our procedures and requests to ensure the safety of our staff and guests.
• Every team member is trained in new health and hygiene related procedures and their responsibility to guests and their fellow team members.
• New HR policies and processes have been implemented so we're prepared for our teams to return to work.
• We’ll take all reasonable steps to follow the government’s Covid-19 Secure Workplace Guidelines.
• We’re communicating with key suppliers and partners, to ensure that their policies and systems relating to health and hygiene meet our high standards.
• We’ll be conducting daily health checks of our teams when they arrive on site.
Keeping you in the Know
We’ll continue to be honest, transparent, and up front with you - updating and sharing information with you as soon as possible.
• As we hear the latest Government directives, we’ll update all our pre-arrival email communications to provide additional information relating to health and hygiene.
• All guests will be called in advance of their reservation to confirm the details of their stay and to clarify the procedures that we’ve put in place at that hotel ahead of their arrival.
• Our Reservations team will be equipped with all information regarding staying at Lime Wood and will be able to answer questions that you might have.
Following the Government guidelines, we will no longer be taking bookings of more than 6 people. You can now be from multiple households or one household but 6 is the magic number, and we will be sticking to this – we are sorry if your household or support bubble is over this number but to keep it simple we will only be taking a maximum of 6 people for a booking until further notice.
Due to the constantly changing nature of this guidance, we will be continuously reviewing our procedures related to capacity.
As a hotel and restaurant, we already operate with strict cleaning and health and safety measures, but we are now be taking extra steps to ensure that all areas are thoroughly sanitised, clean and compliant.
• All team members are trained in these new standards and timings of cleaning.
• We will be using Sterizar, a non-toxic, alcohol free, biocidal sanitiser to fog all bedrooms between guests. Each bedroom will be fogged once it has been cleaned and ready for an arrival. Rooms will not be fogged during a guest’s stay. There is NO sanitiser on the market which is proven to kill this current strain of Coronavirus as it is a novel virus. However, it has been proven to work on other Coronavirus in the past as well as Norovirus. It does kill bacteria.
• Check In will now be at 4pm, rather than 3pm at all hotels, to allow for more time to clean and sanitise guest bedrooms.
• We are providing hand sanitiser for staff and guests at every possible opportunity, and have significantly increased cleaning of public areas throughout the day.
Maintaining a physical distance from others is absolutely essential to stop the spread of the virus, but we believe it does not mean we can’t be sociable! We prefer the term physical distancing, so that it doesn’t feel like you can’t enjoy interacting with the team.
We’ll always adapt our service style to adhere to Government guidelines, and have adjusted table layouts in our restaurants, and chair layouts in our Bars and Lounges to allow for the required distancing policy.
There is plenty of space both in the hotel and around the grounds at Lime Wood, so we are not enforcing hard and fast rules. We ask guests to please use common sense and be responsible for your own physical distancing during your stay when moving around the hotel for the wellbeing of both you, other guests and the team. We have asked the team to do the same for you.
Checking In and Out
We’re have adapted the Arrival, Check In and Check Out process to speed this up, to support physical distancing and to ensure the safety of all guests and team members. Guests will be contacted with details of exact procedures in advance of their stay.
We are no longer taking cash, only card payments for all transactions.
Hartnett Holder & Co
In restaurants it is virtually impossible to remove every risk. Therefore, our policy is to mitigate the risk through best practice and risk assessment. We are taking all necessary measures to deliver minimum contact, ensure hygiene standards and physical distancing.
• Breakfast is served at guests’ tables or available as room service, as sadly our much-loved grazing breakfast table is not viable with current guidelines.
• Guests will be asked to pre-book their Breakfast time on arrival.
• Lunch, Afternoon Tea and Dinner reservations will be staggered to support physical distancing.
• A sample menu will be available on the website and the day’s menu will be available for guests to peruse in their rooms.
• Tables will be positioned the required distance apart in all our dining spaces, in line with the latest government guidelines.
The Herb House Spa
Following the Government's announcement about the re-opening of spa facilities, including the ability to carry out spa treatments, hold classes and open the pools, we will be continually reviewing all guidance and proposed safety measures to ensure the safest way forward for both our members, guests and team.
Herb House is now open with a selected number of facilities and treatments available. You can find out more here.
Due to government guidance, the steam room, sauna and mud house will remain closed until further notice.
Raw & Cured is open daily serving Breakfast from 8am-11am and Lunch from 12-5pm
In Curated we have stocked up on all of your favourite body, bath and facial products from Bamford, Sarah Chapman and VOYA, so why not pop in and see us?
HH&Co Backstage, the cookery school
All the things we love about the cookery school, cooking and eating together as group in this intimate cellar space do not sit in line with current guidelines, so the cookery school will remain closed until further notice.
REDUCED VAT FOR THE HOSPITALITY INDUSTRY
As many of you will know the Chancellor recently announced a measure of assistance to help the hospitality sector. From 15th July he has reduced the amount of VAT we will have to pay on our inclusive prices over the next 6 months. You can read more about our response to this support here.
Stay in the Know!
Sign up to keep up to date with the latest news, offers and re-opening info!
You can be confident when visiting us
At Lime Wood we are certified as AA COVID-19 confident and Good to Go with Visit England which means we have completed an assessment and have been accredited.
The safety and well-being of our guests and team is our highest priority across the hotel, spa and restaurant, and we want you to feel reassured that you are in a safe and secure environment when spending time with us.
If you have any questions or concerns about visiting us or would like clarification on any of our safety measures and procedures we have in place, please email the team at email@example.com and we will respond shortly.